Thursday 2 June 2011

Lime Crime Airborne Unicorn Lipstick

I have a few purple lipsticks, but Lime Crime's Airborne Unicorn is probably the most eye catching one out of my collection.

I ordered my first Lime Crime lipstick from their website and it took a little longer than 2 weeks to arrive. I was very happy when I received my package :) I can see that a lot of thoughts were put into the packaging process. The greenish blue box is adorable, and the lime green wrapping paper contrasts really well with the bright purple lipstick tube. Of course there is the infamous holographic unicorn printed on top








This is more pigmented than MAC Playtime, and it is also brighter with a little bit of neon tone

Airborne Unicorn is a fun shade but unfortunately did not look good on me, I am just someone that cannot pull off pastel or super light color...they really washes me out :o Doe Deere, who owns the company mentioned that she will come up with a dark red color soon, I always have a soft spot for dark reds >:) may be I will give that one a try

The lipstick is pigmented, but not as much as MUFE rouge artist intense or MAC amplified. It is creamy and relatively moisturizing. It is vanilla scented, a bit stronger than MAC lipsticks.

It wears for about 4 hours.. and leaves a pink colored stain on my lips, it is very light though I dont think it is a big problem

The holographic prints on the lipstick itself scratches off really easily. If you want to carry it around, I would advise putting it in a lipstick case to protect it.

Overall, it is a fun addition to my lipstick collection

2 comments:

  1. Hello!

    This is the most beautiful violet lipstick that i've ever saw. I realy love purple, but unfortunately cold colors make me look like a ghost. rs

    Kisses,

    Gi.

    http://leavinground.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gi! Yeeeesss another purple lover! I have the same problem too xD but to make this lipstick more wearable for me, I mix it with a little bit of Up The Amp by MAC. It is super fun!!

    ReplyDelete