Sunday 20 March 2011

My first post! Green Beauty! Part 1

Hi everyone :) This is my first post and I'm kind of nervous haha! Since I'm a biology major and I try to do my best to conserve the environment, I am really into natural products! I'm not perfect of course, but i believe every little steps count. A bottle of natural shampoo is better than a bottle of synthetic shampoo made up of harsh chemicals :o I bought all these products with my own money, i just wanted to share my experience with these products. I have sensitive combination skin and breakouts from time to time. And here are some of my favorites

1. Organic Black Soap - removes dead skin, heals blemishes, wrinkles, eczema

I got my bottle from Eli's body shop, for this soap you only need a tiny amount each time you use it, like literally one drop! add some water and lather it into a silky foam in your clean hands and massage it into your skin. If you use too much it is going to dry your skin out haha i made that mistake! I dont use it often, may be once a week for a deep cleansing. I find that it makes my skin squeaky clean. I use it for my body too! oh black soap also comes in solid form too

2. Clay Masks - detox, decrease pore size and improve skin tone

The one i'm using is by NOW solutions, i absolutely love clay masks. This one comes in a powder form so you can control how much you want to use, for oily skin it says 1 tsp of clay powder + 1tsp of water. The instruction says leave it on for 15-20 mins, but if you have sensitive skin like mine, i would say 10-15 mins or else your skin is gonna get irritated. This goes for any type of clay masks though :) I use this once a week my skin looks a ton better! 

3. Shea butter (pale yellow colored ones) - stretch marks prevention, moisturize


Another product from Eli's body shop haha! I got this with the black soap a year ago. Harsh Canadian winter? Shea butter says no fear! This stuff is goooood, so moisturizing i love it! i only put a thin layer on my cheeks because that is my dry area. I got the pale yellow colored ones cause its the original form, whereas the white colored ones are processed. For the summer time i actually go for aloe vera gel as moisturizer, it is must lighter than shea butter. 

4. Natural Lip Balm 


I love bees, they are important pollinators for our ecosystems and produce honey and beeswax for us. How can you not love them :) anyhow! I noticed that a lot of natural lip balm contains beeswax, my current favorite is Burt's Bees lip balm with acai berry. The smell reminds me of my childhood for some reason. I wear lipstick everyday, im pretty sure i swallow a good amount of lipstick by now from eating and drinking lol well at least swallowing natural lip balm is not as bad right 

No comments:

Post a Comment